This is a weekend of climbing for those inspired to climb outdoors. The two day course has two distinct but complementary aims.
• To teach you how to set up topropes and protect yourself when climbing outdoors.
• To help you move efficiently when climbing outdoors and make the transition from indoors to out.
The Course is made up of the following sections.
• Instruction in placing protection and rigging toprope anchors.
• Reading and interpreting guide books and the British grading system.
• Toprope climbing
• A chance for participants to rig their own topropes under supervision.
• Bouldering & Movement Coaching
You must be a competent top rope climber able to fit a harness, tie in and belay. You do not require any climbing equipment though as we can provide you with a harness, helmet, belay device, ropes and rigging equipment.
You will be able to book a place via the link below. A week prior to the session we will send an email containing joining details to provide you with all the required information.
If the weather is bad we may spend one day indoors working on ropework and climbing movement. The other day we can spend outdoors to work on gear placement.
Age range: Adult
Cost: £150 for the weekend
Location: Stanage Edge, Burbage Valley
Dates: 27th & 28th May, 1st & 2nd July